Advantages of Ceramic Band Heater
- Built in insulation minimizes unwanted change in temperature along the barrel.
- Heat transfers are not affected by irregular surfaces or a loose fit.
- The number of bands used can be reduced with simplified wiring.
- The flexible design allows easy install and removal.
- Heat transfers through radiation, conduction, and convection, so a perfect fit is not required compared to other band heaters.
- Because they operate at higher watt densities, they can be used in wider increments
- The heater is safer with the cooler external surface – over other band heaters.